- SmartEdition Overview
- Instant Availability on New Devices
- Secure Content
- Operational Excellence for Free
- SmartEdition Examples
- Contact Us
For your privately branded digital edition, NewspaperDirect offers SmartEdition, powered by PressDisplay technology. Along with PressDisplay’s advanced digital features, SmartEdition offers you a fully customizable digital edition platform with powerful and proprietary back office reporting and analysis tools that help you optimally manage your content and advertisers.
- Reading Map: This revolutionary technology allows publishers to analyze reading patterns throughout their publications, gaining valuable insights into what elements of their publications are most, and least, read. Reading Map reports enable publishers to measure the impact of editorial content, layout and advertising on reading behavior, and use that intelligence to increase the value they provide to their readers and advertisers.
- Ad Value Map: Expanding on Reading Map technology, Ad Value Map calculates a value for each page in an issue, letting advertisers see the optimal pages on which to place ads in printed media in order to maximize their ad’s exposure and ROI.
Click here to watch a short video demo.
Instant availability on New Devices
The moment a new tablet, smartphone or eReader hits the market, your publications will be automatically available on it for your subscribers to enjoy, without you lifting a finger.
NewspaperDirect gives you the luxury of giving your readers what they want without the costs normally associated with anywhere/anytime access.
Meanwhile, you’ll save time and money by not having to develop applications for all the wealth of new devices, negotiate individual contracts with numerous device manufacturers and share revenues with the growing list of online storefronts looking to extract high margins from your content.
Check out our ever-growing list of devices on which we can showcase your content today.
The safety of your content is our priority and we take our responsibility of protecting it very seriously. Since 2005, NewspaperDirect has embedded DRM into all of its SmartEditions, so you can rest assured that your content is protected from piracy and you receive the revenue you deserve for every copy read.
NewspaperDirect is much more than a digital edition vendor. Not only do we operate as an extension of your IT department, taking responsibility for:
- Payment Processing
- Customer Support
- Technical Support
We invest time and money in your business, by:
- Providing consultation on best practices
- Collaborating on your marketing and PR campaigns
- Connecting you with strategic partners
- Staying ahead of the curve through constant innovation
- Sharing risks and rewards in a business model that favors the publisher
Let us show you how we can extend your IT department with an experienced and talented digital publishing team who will provide full hosting, payment acceptance, customer service management, and technical support – all at no operational cost to you.
You will find below a few examples of SmartEdition sites and applications which we run. The SmartEdition product is fully customizable based on the publisher requirements, so you will notice that all below tend to offer something different (simple or complex):
- Le Droit sur mon ordi
- Groupe Gesca – sponsored site by CAA
- The Times-Tribune
- Bangkok Post SmartEdition
- Evening Standard E-edition
- Fairfax Media Digital Edition
- Globe and Mail
- International Herald Tribune
- Jerusalem Post ePaper
- Kiosco La Nacion
- Kiosko y más
- Post Today E-Edition
- Telegraph e-paper
- The Australian Smart Edition
- The Australian Jewish News SmartEdition
- The Boston Globe
- The Cairns Post e-Paper
- Guardian & Observer Digital Editions
- The Guardian Smart Edition (PEI, Canada)
- The Gazette Digital
- The Gulf News SmartEdition
- The Herald Digital Edition
- The Irish Times Digital Edition
- The New York Times
- The Sportsman Smart Edition
- The Washington Post Electronic Edition
- Times Online e-paper
Applications for iOS:
- The Boston Globe epaper
- Globe and Mail
- Arkansas Online
- Kiosko y Más
- The Daily Telegraph eNewspaper
- Irish Independent
Applications for Android:
- Tonsbergs Blad eAvis
- The Star ePaper of Malaysia
- Philippine Daily Inquirer
- Mainichi RT
- The Sportsman eNewspaper
Applications for Playbook:
Contact us to learn why thousands of publishers worldwide have partnered with NewspaperDirect for their privately branded digital editions.